Building and construction projects, by their very nature, give rise to a broad range of legal issues. From managing disputes about work quality and timeliness, unforseen circumstances and progress payments during construction, to liability and payment issues at the end of the job. In our experience we have found that many building and construction disputes become extremely time consuming and costly for all involved.
The key is to ensure that project planning is correctly implemented and building contracts are well-prepared before work commences. Further, you need to ensure that the job complies with all relevant planning, environmental and local government regulations. Sound legal advice and representation can not only clarify legal responsibilities and obligations up-front, it can also reduce the time spent negotiating disputes or misunderstandings during the course of the work.
We can assist you with issues including:-
- Pre-tender and tender documentation
- Advising in relation to planning and environmental laws and policies
- Building and construction contracts and sub-contracts
- Design and construction contracts
- Project and construction management contracts
- Joint venture agreements
- Consultants contracts
- Managing the security of payments and related issues
- Disputes and litigation relating to building and construction work
Arrange a consultation with an experienced solicitor.